BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Those Days.

Five years old
First day of school
Barbie backpack on
thinkin I was cool

I remembered comin back
tellin about my first day
Couple years later
Got my first bad grade

And I never understood
why mom smiled and kept laughing
my face was red and I kept crying
I was relieved when momma said
It was all okay..

Times were easy
Just a game of tag
Lots of cute boys
for me to chase

First skinned knee
Cause I tripped and fell
got so mad
and covered my face
Oh..How I miss those days..
Runnin through the house
playin cops and robbers
havin so much fun
with my little brothers

Nothin made sense
and I liked it that way
I love you
was so easy to say

Times got harder
the game of life
too much to do
but so little time

First broken heart
from my first love,
my family was torn apart
nothin was ever enough

I wished for change
every night and day
for ones to change their ways
but it all got harder
throughout those days..

These are new times
new people, new ways
ten years from now
Hope I can say..
I miss those days

0 comments: